Last updated: (June.24,2016)
Gumshoe (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.gumshoeapps.com (the
“Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of
Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the our site, apps and marketing methods. By using Gumshoe’s apps, you
agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect information from a number of different sources, but most of it comes directly from you when you play our games, or interact with our websites, advertising or other Services. Broadly the information we collect about you relates to the type of device you are using, how you play our games (such as levels attempted and purchases made), other games or apps you use on your device and may include information that you submit when creating an account with us or which you allow us to access when you connect to your social network accounts through our games or Services. We may also collect information from advertising platforms and partners and other third parties such as information about purchases and interests.
In more detail, depending on which of our Services you interact with we may collect and process the following types of information:
- details about how you use and interact with our games, advertising and other Services
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms, answer questions or complete surveys when using any of our Services, when you create an account with us or if you invite your friends to use our games and Services;
- the content of messages sent using our chat and messaging systems;
- if you contact us via email, or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels;
- information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below;
- information we collect from you when you connect our games or Services to third party platforms or social network services or use other social or player-to-player functionality; and
In some instances, when you make purchases on or through our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable by Gumshoe. We do not collect or retain credit card information. Our payment service providers will provide us with information about your purchases so that we know if a purchase has been successful. When you purchase items via our mobile apps (such as those you can purchase in the App Store, on Facebook or on Google Play) we do not collect or store any payment information from you.
Finally, we may collect some of the information types referred to above on an aggregated or anonymised basis, or we may use it or share it in an aggregated or anonymised way, for research or analysis into the way our Services operate and are used.
Links to third party websites and services
Like many app operators, we collect information that your mobile device sends whenever you use our apps
This Log Data may include information such as your mobile devices Internet Protocol (“IP”) address,
browser type, browser version, our apps that you download, the time and date of your usage,
the time spent on those apps and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional
materials and other information that will inform you of new services, app updates, or changes in our policy.
Cookies or APKs
Cookies or APK’s are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies or APK’s are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites and apps, we use “cookies” or APK’s to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all
cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies or APK’s, you may
not be able to use some portions of our Site or apps.
Paying for items on our Website
The charge for any individual item you can purchase via our Website or app shall be as stated on our Website or app at the time you place the order, except in the case of obvious error. Depending on which bank you use, additional charges may be issued by your bank; we have no control over this and accept no liability in relation to the same. If you are unsure whether you will be subject to such additional charges then you should check with your bank before making a purchase via our Website. We accept payment via our payment processing partners by credit card, debit card, and Paypal only (as well via Google Billing). Our payment processing partners may have their own terms and conditions and you should ensure you are in agreement with these prior to making any payment. If your transaction with our payment processing partners is not successful then your purchase will not be fulfilled. Upon the completion of a successful payment transaction then your purchase will be fulfilled to you as soon as possible – we will endeavor to fulfill your order immediately at the point of purchase.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of
transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to
use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its
changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this
address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
We are part of a number of social channels which we use to communicate with our players. If you choose to interact with those channels, we will receive your information and use it in connection with those channels, including to engage with you, and we may also republish your posts to those channels.
Submitting Content via our Services you:
- are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
- grant us and our group companies the right to edit, adapt, publish and use your entry and any derivative works we may create from it, in any and all media (whether it exists now or in the future), for any purpose, in perpetuity, without any payment to you;
- acknowledge that you may have what are known as “moral rights” in the Content, for example the right to be named as the creator of your entry and the right not to have work subjected to derogatory treatment. You agree to waive any such moral rights you may have in the Content; and
- agree that we have no obligation to monitor or protect your rights in any Content that you may submit to us, but you do give us the right to enforce your rights in that Content if we want to, including but not limited to taking legal action (at our cost) on your behalf.
APP PERMISSIONS AND DATA
Please read the following important disclosures by Gumshoe. By clicking to install any one of our products (game portal, mobile app, desk top game) you consent to the installation along with any updates or upgrades that are released for our products. You understand and agree that our products (including any updates or upgrades) will cause your device to communicate automatically with our servers to deliver the functionality (permissions) and to make our products more efficient and effective. These permissions will affect app-related preferences or data stored your device, and as well collect personal information to provide the features described above. You can uninstall the app at any time.
Your privacy is very important to us. We only ask for the permissions that are essential for the app to be used properly, or for permissions that we know will help us make effective upgrades to our products. A couple of permissions that we request are:
– WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission to save the wallpapers to your own device’s storage.
– READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission to read the saved wallpapers from your storage and also let you upload the image selected from your own gallery.
More info about the Permissions that developers may use: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/Manifest.permission.html#ACCESS_CHECKIN_PROPERTIES
More about normal and dangerous permissions developers may use: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/security/permissions.html#normal-dangerous